Thursday, November 12, 2009

Is Your Advertising Working as Hard as It Could?

Is Your Advertising Working as Hard as It Could?


If you frequently advertise, you no doubt have a good idea of which ads work and which ads don't by comparing sales levels after advertisements have run. You likely have adjusted your advertising based on these observed sales results, and will continue to do so. However, it may take quite some time for your advertisements to improve to the point where your advertising campaigns are working as hard as they could be. Advertising testing can expedite the process of optimizing your advertising efforts, allowing you to maximize sales as quickly as possible.


Advertising testing can tell you the following:


  • To what extent does an ad convince people to buy my product/service?

  • What does the ad to enhance my company's image?

  • What percentage of people notice my ad?

  • What do people recall about my company and its products/services after reading my ad?

  • What percentage can recall the name of my company?

  • Is there anything about my ad that is difficult to believe?

  • What components of my ad are working?

  • What components need to be improved or eliminated?


Advertising testing is best done inconspicuously. It is important that respondents not know that they involved in an advertising test when they are first exposed to an advertisement in a test. This mirrors the manner in which consumers/customers typically are exposed to advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment